One of the coolest things that my husband has introduced me to is Willow Creek’s Global Leadership Summit. I so appreciate the time that Willow takes to bring in leaders from all different types of environments (pastors, politicians, authors, etc) to give their take on what it is to be a good leader. Each year that I’ve had the privilege of attending, I’ve walked away challenged, convicted, encouraged and ready to go.
My take away this year was the challenge to follow my passion. Be willing to take a step, use the resources at hand, take SOME action. Here are a few of the things that stood out to me:
- Examine the core of what you are all about, can it be defined in 5 words?
- If you’re sick of being stuck, you WILL take action to get unstuck.
- Make your next 5 years, your best 5 years.
- Believe in the future by creating it first.
- Take small steps with what you have in hand.
- Failure will teach you something no one else knows.
- You are a result of a grand conspiracy of love – so WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- What I see around me will determine what I can or can not do. Do I see grime and sin? Or do I see the face of God and major opportunity.
- ART – risky human act of doing something else for or with someone else.
- If failure is not an option, neither is success.
- If you answer “How was your day?” with “fine”, all you are communicating is that you survived another day. Put passion into your day.
- Audacious Faith – believing God to do the impossible.
- I can’t expect God’s blessing on my work unless I do it His way.
- If your vision isn’t intimidating to you – chances are it’s insulting to God.
- Faith doesn’t wait for God to move – Faith moves in the direction of God
- We don’t choose where to be born, we choose to be sinner or saints.
- To be elegant is to come from the inside – to truly love – to give until it hurts – to find forgiveness from God
Henry Cloud: God has called me to be a steward over a vision to change somebody.
John Dickson – Humility: noble choice to forego your status and use your influence for another’s benefit before yourself.
- If you live outside of life with God – you live in monotony and repetition.
- Why do we wait for someone else to create the future?
- Be a cultivator of human talent.
- Do something extraordinary and beautiful so that the world will ask what your inspiration is.