At the beginning of September, I shared with you my goals for the month. Here’s how I did:
- Read Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott – Right now I’m about 1/2 way through, I will finish this book in October.
- Enter writing contest – This did not happen. I didn’t have a work that was strong enough or ready for a competition. Although, I did find out I was a finalist in the Flash Fiction competition I entered in August! I’ll be working with an editor and am hoping to see my story in print soon!
- Publish 4 blog posts a week – Accomplished!
- Outline ideas for “Molly” (a story idea I have about a girl who grew up in the foster care system) – The outline is loosely completed. As I mentioned in “Procrastinating”, now I’m working on the timeline.
- Get out of the house to write! – I only did this one time and it was kinda a disaster. I’m determined to get out more in October.
This morning I opened the envelope with my goals for October (which I wrote back in August); and now these goals seem off base for where I’m at right now. And seeing as I’m the one who set them, I can be the one to change them, right?
- Continue to work on timeline and character development for “Molly”
- Publish 3 to 4 blog posts a week
- Finish Bird by Bird
- Get out of the house to write
Here’s to a great October!