I am Thankful for home
When husband and I were dating, he asked me one time about what I wanted my home to be like. I told him I wanted a place where friends and family would feel comfortable just showing up for dinner. I told him I wanted a place that was warm and inviting. I told him I wanted to be that house on the block where all the kids seemed to congregate.
He looked at me funny for a second and said something about design aesthetics or architecture, which gave me a turn to look at him funny. His question was purely function, my answer was purely heart and our different viewpoints led to a great discussion on the value of home.
I have traveled more this year than I have maybe ever. I have stayed in homes with my parents, my in-laws, my cousins, my sister, my friends and a couple of different hotels. Each of these homes had their own style, their own feel and their own heart.
Here are just a few of the joys of home I got to experience this year:
- Sharing meals with my parents
- Late night discussions of worries and dreams
- Sharing coffee and conversation with a best friend and her family
- Incredible breakfast buffets
- Waking up with my very best friend on her wedding day
- Ordering too much Chinese food with my sister
- The feeling of being known and loved